I traveled to Kenya this summer with the humanitarian group Reach the Children. We taught hygiene in primary schools, experienced the culture, and went on a safari! It was an awesome experience. Here are some things I learned while I was there. — Emily
1. Take a surfing lesson on Waikiki Beach.
2. Know how to surf? Take a paddle board lesson.
3. Go to a Luau.
4. Get a massage. Preferably in a private beachside cabana.
Posted in Travel Tips Tagged Oahu
1. Pack empty plastic bags on road trips, in carry on – from Ziplocs to grocery bags. For wet swimsuits,runaway crayons. Garbage bag=rain poncho. @travelingmamas
2. If you are traveling with kids, particularly young kids, minimize logistics and stress with fewer accommodation changes. Ideally, check into a a single hotel, resort, or rental that can be your home-base for a week or more. @CiaoBambinoInc Read More
[img_assist|nid=1105|title=|desc=|link=none|align=center|width=502|height=337]By Marion Head.
[img_assist|nid=1076|title=|desc=Besalú Spain|link=none|align=left|width=250|height=333]Do you dare to go bare at the Beach? The world certainly has some beautiful spots that allow topless and nude bathing. Here is start to some of our favorites. But we want to hear from you! Where is your favorite spot to sunbathe in the buff?
1. Black’s Beach. San Diego, CA
2.Clifton Beach. Cape Town, South Africa
[img_assist|nid=1055|title=|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=100|height=69]Calgary gets thousands of visitors every year in July for the Calgary Stampede. Read More
[img_assist|nid=1054|title=|desc=|link=none|align=center|width=502|height=328]Written by Marion Head. Read More
For many Paul Theroux comes to mind as one of the most famous travel writers. Whether you enjoy reading William Least Heat-Moon, Jan Morris, Eric Newby, Kira Salak or more literary writers such as Samuel Johnson, Charles Dickens, Robert Louis Stevenson, Hilaire Belloc, D. H. Lawrence, Rebecca West or John Steinbeck picking up one of these books while on vacation or to transport you to another world while at home is pure pleasure.
For aspiring travel writers, it also serves as a necessary tool to learn and understand the craft of writing in this genre.